40 YEARS OF DIALOGUE BETWEEN CIVIL SOCIETY AND THE COUNCIL OF EUROPE: LOOKING BACK BUT MOVING FORWARD
Among the many varied debates organised during the week, some of the highlights were:
- A Side event organised in co-operation with PACE Committee on Equality and non-discrimination: "Women's mobilization in Europe 2016: What impact on policies?"
- A debate/training session "How to fight against discrimination and hate speech in the post-truth era"
- A debate on the “populist wave in Europe” on the basis of the Secretary General’s latest report
- The situation of NGOs in member States with reports from the visits led by the President of the Conference to Hungary and Ireland and the meetings held with NGOs from Cyprus and Turkey
- The Conference adopted a Recommendation “Human Rights and Business” encouraging members States to implement the actions recommended in Committee of Ministers Recommendation (2016)3.
(Re full text in attachment)